Monday, August 17, 2009

Find the help that you need when you need it!

Assistance with food: The first step is to contact your local Social Services office and apply for food stamps (monthly food coupons) and Tanf (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.).
Social Services

Assistance with rent: You can apply for rental assistance through section 8. Ask your Social service worker for the phone number to the Section 8 housing authority in your area. Visit the Section 8 Voucher Program.

Assistance with heating bills: You can apply for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) for help with your heating bills. You can apply for this program through your Social Service office or contact you heating supplier for the phone number to the Energy assistance program in your area. Visit The Home Energy Assistence Program

Assistance with food and nutrition (WIC): The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children - better known as the WIC Program - serves to safeguard the health of low-income women, infants, & children up to age 5 who are at nutritional risk by providing nutritious foods to supplement diets, healthy eating tips , and referrals to health care. Visit The WIC Program

These programs have been put in place to provide assistance to families that are in need. Whether you are a single parent, lost a job or simply need help contact you local Social Service office and inquire about these programs. Visit The Energy Assistance Program

**These programs also supply employment resources and job training programs free of charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment